Friday, April 22, 2011

Historic Homes of Noblesville--1807 Conner St.

Location: 1807 Conner Street

Owner: Donna Parker, since 2003

Style & History: This 1.5 story Sears Roebuck & Co. catalog home was built circa 1927. The bungalow home is similar to the Arts and Crafts style of homes, with its large porch piers, small size and dormers.

What are your favorite features? “The style is cozy and comforting. I have a love affair with my house and can’t stop. I feel it's my obligation to be a keeper and preserve my home, she's 84 years old, and yes she is wrinkled and flawed, but always welcoming and warm. Hope I look that good when I reach 84.”

What work have you done on your house? “Work projects, constantly! I’m refurbishing the upstairs bathroom, which wasn’t original so I’m redoing the floor with coin tile, the ceiling with tintype reproduction and a claw-foot bathtub that I bought at an auction for $5. I’ve redone the kitchen with an original dining room chandelier, the downstairs bathroom with original claw-foot tub, and refinished the living and dining room hardwood floors. I had a gas log fireplace installed and when workmen removed the baseboard, on the back of it was written ‘Fireplace’, that was my sign I was doing the right thing. Future project well be to refinish the upstairs wood floors, and then I’m done!”

What do you like about this area/neighborhood? “It’s welcoming, friendly, walkable, historic and there are great activities to enjoy and wonderful people. It’s a good life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment