Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Historic Homes of Noblesville--1428 Monument Street


Location: 1428 Monument Street


Owner: Janet Robertson, since 2006

Style and history: This brick Victorian cottage was constructed c. 1894 by William M. and Nellie M. Caylor. The home features an irregular hipped roofline with north and south side dormers and ten foot ceilings downstairs. The existing concrete block front porch is a modern alteration. The home’s original footprint included a small rear porch, which was later replaced by an addition.

What are your favorite features? “I love this house. I like the fact that most of the living can be done on one floor, but that I also have plenty of room upstairs for my kids. I love the character of the house, the hardwood floors, all of the closet space (rare for a home of this age) and of course we love the pool! The back feels so private.”

What work have you done on your house? “Most of the work was already done when I purchased the home, but I did put in the heating and air upstairs. I also added a heater to the pool to extend the life of the swim season.”

What do you like about this area/neighborhood? “The neighbors are friendly and wonderful. I love the fact that we can walk downtown and to school. I can even walk to Forest Park, and I love that I can sit on my front porch and see the high school parades.”

This home is for sale, offered by Steve Decatur of Century 21. 317-705-2525

No comments:

Post a Comment