Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Who are you? Take the test and find out

I took a fascinating personality quiz recently. I was completely skeptical about it at first (how could it know me?), but then blown away when I read my results, which summed me up perfectly.


My results from the quiz indicate that my personality type is INFP (Introvert, INtuitive,, Feeler, Perceiver) . To sum it up, I am deeply committed to work and a vision I believe in, am adaptable and patient, creative, diplomatic, sensitive to others feelings, am a good listener and sincere. I’m driven to help people and make the world a better place (which hopefully I have done a little bit of here).

The assessment also tells me that I’m a dreamer and seek unconventional ways of doing things. I’m not detail oriented unless it’s for a cause that I believe in, I don’t like to deal with the mundane details of life, and I don’t like to deal with hard facts and logic.

I’m shaking my head yes, yes and yes! I read that “INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkward and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper.”

Right again. It’s tough to accept the ‘talented’ part (INFP’s also have trouble giving themselves credit), but this quiz was a cool eye opener. Cogitating on the different types helps me to understand the other 95% of humanity and why they do what they do, too.

Check out www.mypersonality.info for the quiz. There are sixteen different personality types, each belonging to one of four temperaments (Protectors, Creators, Intellectuals, and Visionaries). Each temperament has introverts and extroverts. You probably already know if you are an introvert or an extrovert, but beyond that you may be surprised at how well you are defined. Is it accurate for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment