Thursday, February 10, 2011

Some reader responses—keep ‘em coming

I’m writing this column in the midst of ‘Icepocalypse,’ or ‘Icephoon’ or whatever-you-call-it, hoping the power stays on long enough to finish this and my other writing deadlines. Hopefully it will be on the way to becoming a distant memory by the time you read this.

I’ve gotten some great comments on several of my recent columns, and as always I appreciate and enjoy dialogue with you.

One reader wrote in response to my ‘Six Items or Less’ clothing challenge column two weeks ago that he was disappointed I wasn’t taking part, because “if anyone can do it you can.” He went on to say, “my niece asked me a few weeks ago why I have the same few pullovers/shirts on every time she sees me. I told her the less I have, the less I have to think about what to put on!”

Maybe I will participate after all, but I’ll wimp out and do it in the spring or summer for my own sake, since right now I wear about six items at once in my c-c-cold house where the thermostat sits at a cool 65 degrees.

Another reader said that she is taking on the challenge this month because it’s a short month (good thinking!) and she’ll let me know how it goes.

In response to my ‘foam free’ world dream, a reader commented that the wax-lined paper cups are just as bad, if not worse, than polystyrene cups. I don’t necessarily disagree, which is why the best solution is to bring your own travel mug to the coffee shop.

And if you forget your own mug or make an unexpected coffee stop? Most people don’t know this, but Noble Coffee and Starbucks will serve you your drink in a real mug if you ask. That’s so much better than foam or paper cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment